Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BURNIN' MORE RUBBER THAN A FRAT HOUSE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT

(Photo: The Monty Python Foot)

"Let's get you weened off this thing," may be my favorite quote of 2010. My doc, after checking x-rays and saying a whole lot about rehab home therapy, and after handing me a gigantic rubber band, said these magical words. And I, leaving the health center, waving a rubber band above my head, could only think of one song by The Spinners:

Hey, y'all prepare yourself
For the Rubberband (wo) man
You never heard a sound
Like the rubberband (wo)man
You're bound to lose control
When the Rubberband starts to jam




So for a few weeks, it's gonna be me, boot-free, and a big rubber band.

Got that rubberband
Up on [her] toes
And then he wriggled it up
All around [her] nose


The leg's a bit chicken-ish, spindly, and I can't climb until I can support my weight on that leg. But guess who's dancing? Guess who's already snapped herself in the forehead? Guess who's wearing a left shoe?

Hey ya'll prepare yo'self ... doo doo doo doo doo doo-doo doo-doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's no fun to write into a void. Got something to share?